The attendees should be able to accomplish the following:
1. Learn how to respond more effectively to customer complaints.
2. Learn how to diagnose causes of complaints.
3. Develop a more proactive approach toward customer complaints about water quality.
Questions addressed in this course:
• Why track customer complaints?
• What application do the SMCLs provide?
• What value do complaints provide?
• What are the different types of complaints?
• How do we respond to complaints?
• What are common causes in the distribution system?
• What are common causes in premise plumbing?
Date and Location:
September 21, 2018 – Monroe Township Utilities, 143 Union Valley Road, Monroe Township, Middlesex County.
3.0 Training Contact Hours for NJ-Licensed Water Operators. TCH Course Number 04-061801-10.
1.0 Mgt., 2.0 Tech. Hours toward license renewal for NJ Certified Public Works Manager. Course #DLGS-NJWA-138
"To those seeking certification for license renewal: As always, check your records to ensure you are not taking any given course (courses with the same CPWM or TCH course numbers) more than once during any renewal cycle."