At Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc., we know that water is a precious resource – one that plays a critical role in sustaining life. That’s why we take seriously our mission: protecting and providing Earth’s most essential resource. At Aqua, we are guided by a set of principles that embody the character of our company and inspire our work together. They are embedded within our business practices and our behavior. We are proud to be united by integrity, respect and the pursuit of excellence to be the best we can be for the customers and communities we serve.
Together, the women and men of Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. serve 1 million customers across eight states. Aqua uses science, technology, capital investments, and amazing talent to provide communities with clean, safe drinking water and responsibly return wastewater to our rivers and streams. Join our team and make a difference!
Are you looking for a fantastic career at Aqua? We have a great opportunity for a Wastewater Operator II located in Phillipsburg, NJ. Under the direction of the Area Supervisor, this position is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the division’s water treatment plants and collection systems.
Assures the proper operation of wastewater treatment plants and collection systems in accordance with company and division policies and procedures.
- Performs the necessary monitoring required as part of the operation of the wastewater treatment plants and collection systems.
- Performs all necessary preventive maintenance on wastewater treatment plants and collection systems.
- Inspects daily and maintains the condition and appearance of all stations.
- Maintains all records pertaining to maintenance and treatment as required.
- Conducts sampling of the distribution system and wastewater treatment plants and collection systems as needed.
- Participates in on-call duty.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Union rate: $36.09 per hour*
- This position participates in a weekly on-call rotating schedule every 4 weeks. The on-call schedule requires the employee to be available nights and weekends to adequately staff a 24 hour/7-day operation.
* Employees hired or entering the bargaining unit will receive initially $3.00 per hour less than the applicable classification wage rate. This reduced starting wage shall be increased by $1.00 per hour each year until the employee is paid the full wage rate.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess valid NJDEP Class, S2 and C2 licenses
- Candidate must possess a valid driver's license.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- May be subject to extreme temperatures, noise, wet and/or humid conditions, mechanical, electrical, gas exposure hazards, fumes, dusts, mists, gases and/or poor ventilation atmospheric conditions.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Working conditions may include travel to work sites of Essential Utilities and/or other constituents
Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions, including medical conditions related to lactation), physical or mental disability, covered-veteran status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a condition that may prevent you from applying for a job online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call (1-877-271-9012).