We have a great opportunity for an Area Supervisor based out of Phillipsburg, NJ. The Area Supervisor II is responsible for the management and financial performance of the Division; oversees operational and maintenance activities, including wastewater treatment, collections system, lift stations, and customer field service functions. This role is responsible for the scheduling and training of the field service representatives.
• Supervises all union personnel. Duties include employee selection; mutual developments of performance goals and measurements; provides training and growth opportunities; plans and directs work assignments; creates atmosphere of trust, respect and support; fairly administers company policies affecting staff; and communicates information for effective job performance.
• Directs Aqua personnel and contractors to assure that all water and wastewater facilities are operated within permit compliance and as efficiently as possible.
• Responsible for all preventative maintenance on water and wastewater systems including distribution and collection systems, lift stations, well stations, wastewater treatment facilities, booster stations, storage facilities and purchased water systems, etc, to ensure that they are performing properly. Performs periodic inspections and prepares, administers, and plans both current and long range operating and capital budgets within areas of responsibility.
• Provides input to the preparation of the division operating and capital budgets.
• Keeps maintenance records up to date including, but not limited to, work orders, pump records, valve location, system data and other related information.
• Supervises a program for effective vehicle and equipment maintenance.
• Interacts with customers, homeowner associations, regulators, contractors and others to resolve issues. Acts as liaison between company and regulatory officials and customers.
• Oversees emergency duty roster. Schedules 24/7 on-call coverage of the assigned service area by a licensed operator and coordinates with the Call Center.
• Institutes and supervises Aqua America’s Safety Program in areas of responsibility as prescribed.
• Continues to maintain and search for new methods of increasing productivity and quality in the most cost-effective manner within areas of responsibility.
• Provides oversight of employees to ensure the proper use of company financial systems. Responsible for proper coding of all invoices and purchasing cards and forwarding to accounting for payment.
• Participates in activities of various professional organizations and attends seminars and training courses when necessary to maintain technical competency. Participates on company committees and programs, as required.
• Recommends and implements improvements to company owned facilities in accordance with the annual capital budget.
• Notifies the Customer Service Department of availability issues and necessary corrective actions.
• Performs other assignments as required.