Maintenance Mechanic DOWNLOAD FULL JOB DESCRIPTION HERE (PDF)
The Maintenance Mechanic works under the supervision of the Superintendent of Production or Maintenance Planner. This position operates, repairs, installs, and maintains equipment at the pumping station, water storage facilities, booster stations, metering pits, and well fields.
1. Maintain instrumentation including: Flow and pressure meters and recording devices, telephone transmitters and receivers, chemical release detection equipment, and computer equipment.
2. Maintain chemical feed equipment including chlorinators and chemical metering pumps.
3. Maintain facility heating and air conditioning equipment.
4. Maintain and test system protection equipment including surge relief valves, altitude, air, and pressure relief valves.
5. Maintain and test emergency equipment including backup generators, emergency lights, and chlorine release response equipment.
6. Maintain pumping equipment including lubrication, packing, vibration analysis, assembly, and disassembly and electrical and SCADA troubleshooting.
7. Maintain equipment repair records and parts inventories.
8. Perform inspections of plant equipment, intake station, and metering pits.
9. Perform emergency chemical release response and emergency equipment repair after suitable training period.
10. Perform plant and facilities start up or shut down.
11. Perform chemical receiving at main treatment plant, designated remote facilities, and safe handling including 150# chlorine cylinders.
12. Perform installations or modifications to equipment and facilities as required for the operation of existing or newly installed facilities.