Job Title: Revenue Analyst
Department: Customer Service
The Revenue Analyst position reports to the Billing Manager and is responsible for analyzing revenue earned, forecasting revenue to be earned, and participating in the monthly revenue accrual process. This position will develop, prepare, and utilize monthly revenue analyses to assist in the analysis of revenues as compared to budget and prior year. The Revenue Analyst will also be responsible for maintaining the Bill Rate database in our Oracle, CC&B database. This position also assists with complex billings to confirm bill rates are being applied accurately.
• Analyze the Bill Deviation report weekly.
• Analyze the monthly 30 Largest Customers Report.
• Prepare the monthly Revenue Accrual for review and approval.
• Analyze and interpret data and make comparative analyses.
• Assist in updating and validating rate tables within the CC&B billing system .
• Assist with the new business application process and track status of open applications and impact fees.
• Assist as required in the validation and testing of software/configuration upgrades.
• Assist as required in the validation and testing of new data (such as new acquisitions).
• Assist in rate case preparation and discovery interrogatories.
• Supervise staff in the absence of the Billing Manager.
• Prepare CAC & CIAC Monthly Reporting for approval.
• Recommend, implement, and monitor billing policies and procedures.
• Protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Special projects and other tasks as assigned.
• Four year degree in a business/accounting related major, required.
• Five years of experience in utility billing, required.
• High degree of proficiency using Microsoft Office, required.
• Advanced Excel skills, including the use of pivot tables, required.
• Good interpersonal skills, business communication skills and training/coaching skills are required.
• Incumbent will possess strong leadership, problem resolution, and critical thinking skills.
• The ability to multi-task and prioritize are an important skill set component.
• Must be detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
• Comfort manipulating and summarizing observations from large data sets.
You can submit your resume by: e-mail to HRG@middlesexwater.com
by fax to 732-638-7667 or by mail to HR Generalist, Middlesex Water Company, 1500 Ronson Road, Iselin, NJ 08830.
No Phone Calls Please
Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States.
Middlesex Water Company and its' subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates must be able to pass a drug screen, pre-employment physical, background check, and have a valid driver’s license.